According to the EEF homework at secondary school has a positive effect of +5months.
Whilst there is no current guidance the previous guidance suggested the following;
- Year 7 & 8 – 30 to 90 minutes per day
- Year 9 – 60 to 120 minutes per day
- Year 10 & 11 – 90 to 150 minutes per day
At HTA we aim to deliver approximately 2 hours per day for KS4 and 1 hour per day for KS3.
KS4 – set every week
|Subject||Min per week/hours|
|Set every week||Set every 2 weeks|
|Subject||Min per week/mins||Subject||Min per fortnight/mins|
- H/w can include revision, Flip learning and preparation for students leading learning.
- H/w does not have to be marked by the teacher.
- A longer h/w may be set over a number of lessons.