EduLink One – how to keep up to date with your child’s education at Holy Trinity Academy
This document contains information on how to access the HTA EduLink one parental portal; this is how you will access your son / daughter’s reports and several other systems.
Please retain this, and your account information, for future reference.
We understand that parents like to be kept updated and informed about their child’s education and progress, and we value the ability to keep in regular contact with you so that our partnership with you is effective and efficient.
The College makes use a series of tools under the name ‘EduLink’ which:
- Provide access to your son / daughter’s reports.
- Enable you to access up-to-the-minute information about your child, including for example, his / her attendance and timetable.
- Access parent letters, previous reports, and respond to permission letters.
We will be phasing in various parts of the service over time, so not all of this information may be available quite yet, and as the system continues to be developed other features may come online which have not been mentioned above, such as access to behaviour information and the ability to see what homework has been set for your child.
The system can be accessed online from modern web browsers such as Chrome or Internet Explorer, or via a dedicated app which can be obtained from Apple’s App Store or Google Play. Additional information on how to make use of the app, or to access the portal, can be found below.
How to Download the App
If you have a smartphone or tablet and would like to use the Edulink app to access the features mentioned in the previous email, follow these steps:
- Access Apple’s App Store (if you have an Apple mobile device) or Google Play (if you have an Android device).
- Search for Edulink One – the icon for the app is a number of coloured ‘Smarties’ in a circle around the silhouette of a head and shoulders. The publisher is Overnet Data Ltd.
- Once you’ve located the app, download and install it.
How to Access the Portal
To access the online portal through a web browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer etc) type the following URL into the address bar:
Using the App / Portal
You will need to use your Username and Password together with the ‘School ID’ – which is HTA – in order sign in.
Once you have logged in you will have the ability to change your password. Please choose something you will remember or make a note and keep it somewhere secure. To access the various features of the portal, click on the coloured icons. To jump back out and back to the main menu, click on the backward chevrons (<) where they appear.
What if I Forget My Password!?
Once you have logged in, you will be able to change your password to something you prefer.
The initial passwords are computer-generated so can be fairly complex; please type them carefully (and if you copy and paste, make sure you do only select the password and not any trailing spaces or other characters). Experience suggests that it is also worth pointing out that the second character in the username is an underscore rather than a full stop or a hyphen.
If you do forget your password, don’t panic! Follow these steps and you can reset your password:
- Open the app, or browse to the web portal
- Enter the school ID (HTA) and your username
- In the password field, type anything at all
- Hit the Log In button
- The login will fail but next to the password field a ‘Forgot password?’ link will appear
- Click this and you will be able to reset your password
Please either keep a copy of the email containing your account details somewhere that you’ll be able to find it or make a note of your username and stick it on the fridge door.
Without your username you won’t be able to reset your own password From time to time we will email you; for example, when we’ve opened put letters on EduLink, or when reports are published, So make sure you have your login details handy then you can access the system easily! In the meanwhile, we hope you enjoy taking a look at some of the features that EduLink offers and finding your way around the app/web portal.