Key Stage 3
Year 7 The Impact of the Roman Invasion, a local study, The Development of Church, State and Society in Medieval Britain 1066-1509,1509-1745.
Year 8, Ideas, Political Power, Industry and Empire: Britain, 1745-1901, Challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider world 1901 to the present day, World Study- Anti- Semitism.
Key Stage 4
GCSE 9-1 Edexcel
- Medicine in Britain C1250 – Present, including the historic environment of the Western Front 1914 – 1918: Injuries, treatment and the trenches
- Germany 1918 – 1939
- Early Elizabethan England 1558-1588
- Superpower Relations and the Cold War 1941-1991
Key Stage 5
Years 12- 13 OCR
England 1445–1509: Lancastrians, Yorkists and Henry VII British Period Study: England 1461–1509.
The USA in the 19th Century: Westward expansion and Civil War 1803–c.1890.
Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors 1485–1603.
Unit 4 Non exam assessment (coursework): Unit Y100 Topic based essay arising out of the content of Unit 2.
“Look for a moment at ancient wisdom; consider the truths our ancestors learnt. Our life is short, we know nothing at all; we pass like shadows across the earth. But let the wise ancestors teach you; listen to what they have to say.”
The History department promotes the teaching of Jesus by:
- Helping pupils to understand, respect and appreciate the world and the people in it.
- Developing an understanding of the needs of others.
- Using our God given talents to make the world a better place.
- Teaching the importance of tolerance and respect.